Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sassy is a Wonder Puppy!




Oh how time flies! In November 2008, Sassy and I took the Canine Good Citizen test (CGC) http://www.akc.org/events/cgc/index.cfm and we became certified! We are so proud of her!
Sassy also turned 1 year old on December 10th! Happy Birthday, Sassy! We can't believe it's been a whole year since we first got the news that you had been born!
What's next for us? More specific training to make Jack and Sassy a great team! We can't wait to see what next year brings with more training and both Jack and Sassy maturing together. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi! I can't believe that we haven't been introduced yet - I too am a SAHM raising a 6 yr old with autism and a North Star golden to serve him. We've been keeping a blog too (www.charliethenorthstardog.blogspot.com) and it sounds like our experiences have been very similar. (In reading your blog I was really surprised by how many things we seem to have in common including our previous lives as attorneys, and obsessions with photography!) C'mon by our blogspot when you have a minute. I'm always so happy to hear about other folks who are loving their North Star dogs. It's just impossible for me to imagine life any other way. Best wishes and congratulations on your obvious commitment to your family.

Carolyn said...

Oh, and one other thing ... I'm thinking that your Sassy and our Charlie might be siblings. Charlie was also born on Dec 10 ... I think his mother was Rosie (it might have been Sienna - can't seem to recall that fact) ... father was Huff. I'm sure this sounds silly but Charlie and Sassy really do look alike!