Saturday, January 24, 2009

North Star Welcomes President Obama

Patty Dobbs Gross, the Executive Director of the North Star Foundation took one of their North Star dogs to Washington, DC for the inauguration. Her son, Dan, her inspiration for founding the North Star Foundation, produced the film. Patty and Dan's short film warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you, Patty, for your work with North Star, for choosing us to be a North Star family, and for your wonderful wisdom and words.

3 comments:

Furever Friend said...

Hi Cathy,

I enjoyed reading about your North Star experience (as well as Carolyns). I am so excited to say that we will be getting a North Star dog as well. Thanks for sharing your experience.. I may need some advice so I will continue to follow.

Thanks again!

Furever Friend said...

Cathy,

Thanks for your comment. I would love to talk to you about taking on the puppy/training vs the dog going to a 'puppy raising family'. If you could do it with a newborn and three other children, I should be able to do it(with one less), right? (chuckle)
You're my hero!
Yes, I am so excited. I feel like I am pregnant!

Carolyn said...

Ok Cathy, I know you have a house full of kids but I think it's time for an update already!!! Hope you're well ... looking forward to more Sassy stories!